Grilled asparagus and corn are two of our favorite summer vegetables. This salad side dish brings them together and made even better with fresh blueberries.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
● 2 ears corn, husked, rinsed and kernels removed
● 1 cup fresh blueberries
● 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
● 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
● 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
● 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
● 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
● 1 pound fresh asparagus
● 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn kernels, blueberries, jalapeno, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, cilantro and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Trim the ends of the asparagus and discard. Toss asparagus, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the asparagus on the grill perpendicular to the grates. Grill for 7-10 minutes, rotating occasionally, until tender.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and top with blueberry corn relish. Serve immediately.