If you love orange, you're going to love this Orange Maple French Toast Casserole. It's a great breakfast recipe for any day or special celebration!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes + cooling time
- 1 loaf thick-cut white bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 navel orange juiced + 2 peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- powdered sugar, for serving
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each bread slice in half diagonally, Overlap bread slices, crust side up, in prepared baking dish.
- Whish together eggs, milk, orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon and syrup in medium bowl. Pour custard mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is lightly golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Top with orange slices, pistachios and powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy.